How to reduce Fizz modem power consumption

duc N. #26443
duc N. #26443 Posts: 1 ✭✭
Hello,
I've been with Fizz about a month and very happy with it. The only negative marks in my view is its modem which has weak wifi range, high power consumption and plain ui features. The specs sheet states various power consumption modes are 8w/28w/39w for sleep/typical/max respectively but I've found nowhere in UI programming that allows me to enable sleep mode. I can feel a lot of heat rising out of its top and hope to reduce its power consumption. If any body has a solution please help me out on this. Thanks.
Modem Coda-4680 specs sheets: https://www.hitron-americas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/CODA-4680_datasheet_2018-07-03.pdf

Answers

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    duc,
    You can turn it off during the night, it can be an option if you dont need internet during this time.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hello Duc,

Great to hear you are very happy with Fizz internet.

Although I am not aware of any way to induce sleep mode on the modem, I can offer these suggestions:
    - Use a smart plug to shut off the modem during the times no one will be using internet (or you can manually close the power bar).
    - By default, both wifi bands are always on. If your wifi consumption is minimal, you can choose to turn off one of the bands (or turn off both if you are well connected by ethernet cable).
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,779 ✭✭
    Hi Duc!
    You can't but you can't use a wi-fi magic outlet.
    Have a nice day!
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today.
    Sincerely, Matt.
    Don't hesitate to mark my answer as the best.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,779 ✭✭
    Hi!
    Got your answer?
This discussion has been closed.