Why does my internet connection keep interrupting once or twice per day?

About once or twice per day for the last 2-3 weeks, the wireless connection is interrupted with all of our devices. We have to reset the router and wait until it comes back. When it happens all the lights on the router are lit the same way as when it’s working. Can anyone help me figure out what's causing this and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance!

Answers

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Marie-Nicole
    Have you do a factory reset of your modem?
    to do it, insert a pin 35,40 seconds into the reset button located back into the center of the modem, released it after this time.
    Wait 3,4 minutes to see all the light of your modem coming back.
    If your computer is connected to your modem with an éthernet câble, you'll see on the screen: easy connect.
    Types twice the factory default password ( back of your modem).
    Your internet connexion is supposed to be 100 % functionnal and stable.
    Also, you need to reconnect all your devices on your wi-fi network.
    I hope if will resolve your problem of connexion.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Hello Marie-Nicole,
    I apologize for the error you've encountered, I suggest you reach out to our support where you can have this situation resolved.
    Our contact methods can be found on the following FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, you need to be connected into your account and click on Help, which is on mid-right of your screen, then click on Contact Us, or simply click on the link I've provided.
    In the meantime, I suggest you follow the steps MichelP provided and also have a look at the FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix
    Keep in mind that the answer on Facebook messenger is not in real-time and a delay can be between your question and our answer, that is why I suggest you contact us by chat for a better resolution in realtime.
    Have a good one!
    Nicolae Bogdan
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Thank you very much
This discussion has been closed.