How do I enable device discovery (mDNS, Bonjour, Apple Print Service, IGMP, UPnP) and allow multicas

Options
Zaid B.
Zaid B. Posts: 1 ✭✭
Hi there,
I'm having trouble connecting a set of DSP speakers to my network. (KH80 from Neumann) These speakers are connected via ethernet to the router and utilize IPV6. There is an app which runs on an ipad that should pick them up if theyre connected to the network but it seems like its an issue with the Router.
I've contacted the manufacturer and they suggested I try the following:
— We don’t support IPV4 at all and some routers disable IPV6 by default or don’t support it so make sure that your device does and IPV6 is enabled in the router.
—We use mDNS aka Bonjour for the device discovery so the router has to support that and it has to be enabled as well. Unfortunately router manufacturers “hide” this functionality under different names e.g. mDNS, Bonjour, Apple Print Service, IGMP, UPnP.
—You can check if your router is too restrictive and has an option active which prevents multicasts, this can happen when the option “IGMP-snooping” is enabled in some cases
So from what I understand, the Fizz routers do have IPV6 functionality as well as IPV4, I've turned the firewall to minimum, it didnt solve the issue.
I've enabled UPNP and anywhere I could find DNS I clicked enable.
I can't see IGMP-snooping anywhere, does this go by another name?
And this is where my brain starts to hurt, can any pros help me understand this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Zaid! Thanks for your fantastic question.
    I do music too. I do EDM (Electronic Music) / Trance like Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto etc, Ferry Corsten etc.
    I think i'm the guy to answer your question.
    Here my answer:
    Why you don't connect your speaker to an Surface Control, or Audio Interface then plug it to the iPad? There eThernet surface control and interface. I think this is the best way to plug your Neumann :D. My Focal is on an interface in Studio A, and my Genelec is on a surface control.
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Don't forget to mark this answer as the best answer! :)
This discussion has been closed.