why my connection is up down every about 30 minutes?

quan J.
quan J. Posts: 12 ✭✭
why my connection is up down every about 30 minutes?,located in Longueuil, this interruption had begin since yesterday, please help fix it ASAP because we are working from home depending on internet, this technical issue will surely destroy our life

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,715 ✭✭
    You can try to turn off the modem for 5 minutes to see, or even better to make a factory reset

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

You can contact Fizz support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM everyday:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Quan,
    I suggest you to do a reset of your modem.
    With a needle, insert in the reset button for 35,40 seconds located back into the centre of your modem.
    Released after it.
    Wait around 3,4 minutes to see all the modem lights coming back.
    If your commuter is connected with an ethernet câble, you'll see on the screen : Easy Connect.
    Please, types twice the password.
    Your wi-fi is on.
    Please reconnect all your equipments.
    If nothing works again:
    Please, contact the Fizz customer support by chat from 8h00 to 21h00.
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-connected-my-device-using-network-cable-my-internet-connection-slow-how-do-i-fix-it
    Click on the green chat bubble when you see it down to the right of the page.
  • quan J.
    good morning, I've tried reset the modem to factory few times, but nothing changed, the modem seems rebooting or restarting every few minutes
  • quan J.
    The connection is completely down now with @ blinking
  • quan J.
    How to refund and move to other internet service plz?
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,077 admin
    Hello quan,
    Apologies for the encountered issue.
    Regarding your home internet issue, I have verified and there are a few records on our end regarding your home internet service which are not within the functioning standards. Please unplug the modem from the power outlet and verify if your coaxial cable is tightly screwed in both sides, then connect the modem in a different power outlet. For a few more tips, please take a look over:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    If the issue persists, please reach us by chat directly through the FAQ above.
    If you no longer wish to remain with us, I would recommend reading the reply Mike offer you on the other post along with the FAQ he provided.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good day.
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.