Creation of Multiple Local Area Networks Through the Fizz Branded Modem

Options
mathieu D. 54713
mathieu D. 54713 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Internet
Looking to re-establish my home wireless set-up after having done a factory reset on my Modem. This Set-up evolved using Several L.A.N.s (No that's no physical Ethernet connections) as to partition different smart elements of my home from one and other for security reasons. The capacity to form multiple Networks seems to have been removed or hidden as there is not clear way to create NEW ADDITIONAL NETWORKS through the app or the Router.
Has there been a software change to limit the modem's functionality in this way?

Best Answer

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,731 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Did you disable the band steering?

Read this, point 3
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#3

However, separating the 2 wifi do not mean insulating them

Fizz modem do not support VLAN :( And if you need a vlan you need to add a router with this capability

You can always configure manual IP with a subnet mask, however, this is a very light way to segment your network ( and I will not consider a security measure since you will not really enforce it). Therefore, the broadcast it will stay in the subnet.

Answers

• mathieu D. 54713
    Options
    No it is not please stop repling on things you dont understand just to farm the rewards system. I wish create new networks.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Mathieu! Thanks for your fabulous question! :)
    No there not option like this, i've setuped my camera too with a second router pluged in fizz router! Cause my camera only accept 2.4 GHz! I've got 2 wifi channels one for d-link other for fizz! But youre talking about LAN, no you cant setup multiple LAN! No there no software change, or firmware update for this option!
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today! Have a great day! :)
    Don't hesitate to mark my answer as the best! :)
  • mathieu D. 54713
    Options
    When was the change made because as said before I had my setup like this before the factory reset
  • SuperFizzeur
    Options
    @mathieu. I can't tell you. I have fizz internet since 1 day!
    I think you can reach fizz support for more explaination!
    I suggest you to contact directly a fizz support rep by clicking the green chat bubble in your account dashboard or by facebook under the name fizz!
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today! Have a great day! :)
    Don't hesitate to mark my answer as the best! :)
  • SuperFizzeur
    Options
    Hi Mathieu. Quick follow-up.
    Problem resolved?
  • Anne-laure F.
    Anne-laure F. Posts: 584 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi ! Did you find the solution?
  • Karim L. #12677
    Karim L. #12677 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Hi there,

In case anyone asks the same question the answer is NO!! see this alternative at the end of my post

1- no access to this configuration through the web interface

2-no master/root account to login to in order to show advanced setting

3- I am not aware of a terminal(command line) access to setup Vlan or other advanced features.

You can always confirm with Fizz support, Fizz Modem-router is for residential use no expert/advanced setting

Workaround:

Buy a router fully unlocked, configure as you please, put it in bridged/routed mode and connect with an eithernet cable to Fizz Modem-router.

Have a good day ^_^

This discussion has been closed.