Daily loss of internet? follow-up

Eric L. 34093
Eric L. 34093 Posts: 7 ✭✭
Every day since 3-4 days, during the afternoon or evening, I am losing internet. I am using the Fizz modem as gateway, wifi is disabled on the modem, and my router is connected directly to the modem. All my devices connect to the router, not the modem. When I lose internet, I can still connect to the router web page obviously, and to the modem web page as well. Rebooting the router does not help, the same issue persists. Rebooting the modem fixes the issue all the time.
I followed first suggestion I was given when I first asked the question on these forums and I did a factory reset of the modem. Worked fine for ~18 hours, and then lost internet again.
So I contacted Fizz support directly, chatted for a while, they were about to send a technician, and then they changed their mind ... "No finally we cannot send a technician, please contact us again when you have a pb again" ... This is the 5th time in a row I have the issue but apparently it is not enough. Plus when I have the issue, I cannot contact them because I am then without internet for 5 to 10 minutes ...
Now I have a laptop connected directly to their modem and I will see immediately that the issue is their modem / network.
And I will not wait long before switching back to a "regular" provider if it happens again and I still get no help.
I need to add that this exact setup has been working fine for almost a year now, with extensive usage since the last 3 months of course. But the problem only appeared ~5 days ago.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Hello Eric,
    Please rest assured that we're doing everything that we can to help you further. As my colleague has already suggested, you should reach to us in private via live chat or social media, immediately after encountering this issue, to be able to help you more efficiently. Rest assured that if we'll detect that your connection is lost or your signals are out of specs, we'll send you a technician at your address to verify the connection. Here are the contact links:
    https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.
    https://facebook.com/fizzca.
    Have a good one!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.