My connection keeps cutting off

Options
Pierre-Auguste
Pierre-Auguste Posts: 1 ✭✭
The connection keeps dropping, using lan and or wifi, i unplugged the router modem a few times but the problem keeps on happening.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,731 ✭✭
    Options
    Try to ask the support to check the signal quality
  • Nomdefoire
    Nomdefoire Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    I've installed Fizz home internet yesterday and it worked well right away. This morning it seemed to be cutting too. My first action was to try to unplug the modem, wait and replug it. At first it seemed to work but kept dropping eventually.

My second thought was to simply reboot my computer. And it worked! Since then I haven't had any problem.

Obviously it could be many different things, but it's worth a try!
    Cheers
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options
    Hello Pierre-Auguste,
    Apologies for the unpleasant experience.
    There seem to be a few issues registered with the home internet grid in your area, but our technicians are aware of it and working on solving this as soon as possible. Once it will be fully resolved, the services should work properly. Meanwhile you can perform a few checks on the cable connections and disable band steering for wi-fi and use the 2.4Ghz band. For a few more tips, please take a look over:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#3
    If you have further questions for us, please reach us directly by chat through an FAQ such as the one above.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good day.
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.