Can I make a pause to my internet plan?

Options
QIANXUAN
QIANXUAN Posts: 1 ✭✭
We will leave several months from home,so I want to make a pause to my WiFi. In Fizz's network plan description, there is a scheduled pause. but in the service content, the plan can not be made scheduled pause, only be cancelled.
So now I have the only option of canceling the service?

Answers

• Nomdefoire
    Nomdefoire Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    In their FAQ, it states that you can't pause your plans. You can see for yourself here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-put-my-plan-pause
    With other companies, I've never seen a option where you could completely pause your plans. My previous cell plan asked me for 15$/month to keep my number. As I left for more than a year, I could not justifiy paying 200$ just to keep a number, so I left. When I came back I was not impressed by the new plans they tried to offer me, hence why I am now with Fizz! Also keep in mind that you are "renting" your modem
    I know it's not always convenient, but it is what it is!
    Cheers
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    Qianxuan,
    Unfortunately, you cant suspend your internet plan.
    Your only option is to cancel it online and return the located modem to Fizz.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi QIANXUAN! Thanks for your question!
    No, you can't pause your internet plan!
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today! Have a great day! :)
    Don't hesitate to mark my answer as the best! :)
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Options
    yes take a pause ' it's better for you.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Options
    Hello Qianxuan,
    The "Automatic WiFi off schedules" description that you're seeing bellow the mobile plans on our website is referring to the fact that you can pause or turn off your devices connected to the WiFi network. Your Home Internet plan, from a commercial standpoint and as our community members confirmed you, cannot be paused. We would have liked to help you, but since the process is entirely automatically, we don't have any tools that we'll allow us to do this. Thank you for your kind understanding.
    Have a good one!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.