Family/Friends not getting picture messages, text only MMS is being received - question mark ?

Sean G. #4365
Sean G. #4365 Posts: 9 ✭✭
I am having a problem with sending MMS Pictures to contacts. Text-mms's seem to work.
When I text/mms my dad or friends, they do not seems to get my pictures, however my phone seems to have sent the photo with no errors. A family MMS group chat works when I text only mms messages, I can get pictures from my family/friends, I just cannot seem to send pictures to anyone.
I have reset my APN and it did not seem to work.
Running Android 9, using google's messenger app
any other troubleshooting ideas?

Answers

• Sean G. #4365
    Sean G. #4365 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    @Manny. That's interesting, I only have one friend on the Fizz network so I'm gonna try and get them to test this out (They prefer whatsapp), but everyone else I text/sms/mms is on other networks.
    -------------
    EDIT : So I can't reply but it looks like I can send pictures to my Fizz friend
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    Hello Sean,
    Apologizes for this situation that you've encountered.
    As Mike suggested the FAQ and the steps to follow and see that you are still able to use your MMS.
    I suggest you try the following settings on your phone, seeing that you have an android device.
    Delete all the APN settings you have created then create two new APN settings as following:
    First APN
    Name: Fizz Internet
    APN: mobile.bm
    Second APN
    Name:Fizz MMS
    APN:mobile.bm
    MMSC:mms.mobile.bm
    proxy MMSC:mmsproxy.mobile.bm
    Port MMSC:80
    APN type:default,mms,supl
    As you can see the first APN has only 2 parameters to configure(APN Name and APN).
    If you've done all of these settings and the situation is still present, then please reach out to our support department, which can be found over the link https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Cheers!
    Nicolae Bogdan
This discussion has been closed.