ilegall downloading letter by email

Options
Kashif
Kashif Posts: 3 ✭✭
i got letter from fizz im kind freaking out is this real ?
Hi Kashif Bhatt
We have been notified of an alleged violation of the Copyright Act committed via the IP address corresponding to your Fizz Home Internet access. We are required by law to send you this notice, which you will find enclosed.
In sending you this notice, Fizz is acting as an intermediary on behalf of the copyright holder. We are therefore not in a position to offer advice on this notice nor to verify its content or validity.
The copyright holder may impose a fee to settle the alleged dispute. Before taking any action, we suggest that you contact a legal advisor.
We recommend that you:
• secure all access to your Wi-Fi network to prevent a third party from using it without your consent;
• inform any users of your Internet service of the enclosed notice.
We have no other information regarding this notice. For more information, visit http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02920.html.
The Fizz team

Answers

• SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Kashif! Thanks for your question!
    From my analisys of your last message i can see you have downloaded illegal copyrighted movie content on May 31 at 19:20:20sec. You have downloaded the following file named "Top Gun (1986)", top gun movie produced and copyrighted by Paramount Pictures over Peer-to-Peer (BitTorrent). Downloading such copyrighted content is prohibited by Music and Video Industries. All copyrighted materials over bittorrent is watched, and original movie producers keep a log of IP Address of illegal bittorrent download! Yes, the laws in Canada and United States is different like Mike says but there is chance a company pursue you if you download repentantly copyrighted content over the Canadian Laws, we have saw some case on internet! I suggest you to stop downloading such copyrighted materials and purchase the movie on available platform like google play movies, apple tv, etc!
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today!
    Don't hesitate to mark my answer as the best.
  • vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options
    Kashif
    If you or a family member torrents or downloads Music or movies the best advise is to use a good VPN, that don't keep logs... Google for reviews, avoid the free ones.
This discussion has been closed.