Why was I assigned a Quebec City Number that shows long distance from USA. I live in Ottawa!!!

Sarah S. #21394
Sarah S. #21394 Posts: 1 ✭✭
I’ve been trying to resolve the problem of my assigned phone number coming up as a long-distance number from the USA on people’s caller ID, when I call? Also wondering why the area code I was assigned is for Quebec City?
I’ve tried chat 2 days in a row, and I can’t see more than a few responses from the Fizz tech trying to help. I messaged that it was happening before I cancelled my last chat session. Then got an email a few hours later from the tech, saying the reason it was happening is because my phone needs an update to something better than what the maker makes. I have the latest update of IOS on my iPhone (I even re-installed it to be sure) - so they’re telling me that their website doesn’t work because Apple isn’t advanced enough to work with them????
I don’t think I can put up with this much longer. I might have to pay four times the price to be with a bigger company, but at least they seem to know what they’re doing!
Still, any help, would be welcome.

Answers

• Qulbut
    Qulbut Posts: 3,338 ✭✭
    If you have a new number this problem will disappear when the network will do their update. I just read that in the French comunity.

Contact the support for help again the people who work for Fizz don't have the same knowledge

CHAT
    Go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, if you are not connect login
    The business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    Wait 5 seconds for the bubble icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon to chat with support. Try a different browser if you have issues getting the bubble to appear.
    If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

FACEBOOK
    Your can also send a message via facebook messanger https://facebook.com/fizzca and click send a message (this is a bit slower)
     P
    CONTACT FORM
    You can also fill a contact form from your account Once logged in, from the account panel go to My Profile → Contact Form (the subject are limited) and fill out the form and someone will email you back.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,639 ✭✭
    I believe that your area code is not recognized by the other party mobile.
    Fizz does not send the caller id therefore, for new area code, the mobile phone is interpreting the number as USA number.
  • OoumFiss
    OoumFiss Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Sarah !
    You need to contact support , this is a technical issue from Fizz Network.
    One year ago it was a known issue from Fizz (as it can be seen on related questions to the right)
    ( link: https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1913128-438-montreal-number-shows-distance-usa-number-everyone ).
    Contact support and let them know it was (is) a known network issue and your case need to be escalated!
    Good Luck.
    P.S. edited for typos!
  • Nick M. #14999
    Nick M. #14999 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Sarah the "big" companies don't know what they're doing half the time! That's why I left Roger's after 20+ years with them. I can't speak to your anger with fizz right now but if your issue can be resolved you could be very happy at 4 times the lower price. Give them a chance to resolve your issue. I'm very happy with fizz and am very glad I made the switch but that might be because I haven't had any problems. Hope you can resolve your problem as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.