Im new, experiencing constant disconnections while video-calling, will it get fixed or I need to swi

Hootan
Hootan Posts: 5 ✭✭
Hi,
I am just an ordinary user and new on Fizz. I am experiencing lots of disconnections during video calls which never happened priviously with the old provider and 5 yrs old modem (vs the brand new Fizz modem)and router. It is obvious that receiving data subsides dramatically for few seconds and then gets back to normal, me receiving nothing on my end but my contacts are.

Answers

• sasadrine
    sasadrine Posts: 57 ✭✭
    If you are videocalling during peak hours (6pm to 11pm), the network may be slow due to traffic congestion (too many people!). I did notice that it is better since Netflix and Youtube reduced their video quality.
  • Stéphanie M. #15589
    Stéphanie M. #15589 Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Sometime a hard reboot of the router is clearing some issues.
    Hope you find a solution. Best luck with a technician.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Hello Hootan,
    I apologize for the situation you've encountered, I suggest you reach out to our support where you can have it resolved.
    Our contact methods can be found on the following FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, you need to be connected into your account and click on Help, which is on mid-right of your screen, then click on Contact Us, or simply click on the link I've provided.
    Keep in mind that the answer on Facebook messenger is not in real-time and a delay can be between your question and our answer, that is why I suggest you contact us by chat for a better resolution in realtime.
    Have a good one!
    Nicolae Bogdan
This discussion has been closed.