Slower internet speed?

Options
Harris N. #16568
Harris N. #16568 Posts: 4 ✭✭
Anybody else experiencing slower internet speeds these days? I am plugged in through an ethernet port but my download speeds are only 4-5 mps as opposed to 10 mbps. Are they throttling speeds due to the stay at home situation? I didn't see anything from Fizz suggesting this.
Thanks.

Answers

• Harris N. #16568
    Options
    Hmm I guess so, I'm in downtown Montreal, it used to be fine because I would regularly monitor my speed but as of maybe the past week or so I see that it is half of what it should be...
  • Mo A.
    Mo A. Posts: 234 ✭✭
    Options
    @Harris,
    In my sector St-Léonard west Viau north Lavoisier, it is OK. every thing is fine
    Regards
    Mo
  • Harris N. #16568
    Options
    Yeah that's what I was wondering but normally the company would state that they are reducing speeds etc. But yeah I'll try restarting the modem, I had restarted it maybe a month or so back when there were issues with it but I'll try again and see if that does the job. Thanks everyone for the replies. It just kinda sucks it's happening now seeing as we are two at home working from home and have video calls and work stuff to do etc. I'll try some stuff and see, thanks!
  • Harris N. #16568
    Options
    Yeah that's what I was wondering but normally the company would state that they are reducing speeds etc. But yeah I'll try restarting the modem, I had restarted it maybe a month or so back when there were issues with it but I'll try again and see if that does the job. Thanks everyone for the replies. It just kinda sucks it's happening now seeing as we are two at home working from home and have video calls and work stuff to do etc. I'll try some stuff and see, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.