technician at my home without a scheduled appointment

JUSTIN R. #19936
JUSTIN R. #19936 Posts: 1 ✭✭
a technician with a videotron minivan came to my house saying that their was a technical issue with my internet connection. I didn't call for a technician. He only worked from outside the three-plex building. At some point, disconnected my internet connection as well as my neighbors internet connection... Just want to know the reason for this visit.

Answers

• Damek G.
    Damek G. Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Hi Justin,
    That’s strange.., but we are users so I cannot tell you what the reason of the visit was.
    I believe that you should get an email or message beforehand.
    I would recommend you contact Fizz immediately to find out the reason of that visit:
    To do so:
    ———————————————————
    Go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, if you are not connected, login first.
    •Their business hours are : 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST). (Every Day)
    •Wait 5 seconds for the bubble icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon to chat with support. If you happen to have issues with that, I recommend you try using another browser (E.g. Google, etc)
    •If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for answers surpasses FIZZ’s processing capacity. If that happens, send them a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.
    With that said, take care!
    :)
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Justin,
    It's seem very strange this situation.
    Normally, you are informed if a technician need to verify your internet connection.
    Try to contact the support by chat (from 8h00 to 21h00) to know more about this.
    First, connect you to your Fizz account.
    The adress for the support:
    https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Wait to see the green chat bubble down to the right of the page.
    When you see it, click on it.
    Your seesion begins with Fizz.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    So the techinician did not enter your premises. Sounds like there was a technical issue in your neighborhood. Perhaps one of your neighbors was not getting the download or upload speed that is specified in their plan.

As long as your internet is working well after the technician's visit, I wouldn't be concerned about the visit at all. Fyi Bell and Videotron techs service the outdoor network cables all the time.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Hello JUSTIN,
    Apologies for the situation.
    Could you please clarify if your home internet services are functional now or not?
    Waiting for your update.
    Have a good day
    Catalin
  • Qulbut
    Qulbut Posts: 3,338 ✭✭
    I presume he worked on the network
This discussion has been closed.