Any plans on offering a second option for modem/router? Something flatter, wider. Or can I remove th

Options
Jessica M. #15756
Jessica M. #15756 Posts: 10 ✭✭
This is more for the fizz team, I was considering switching to your internet but the modem is really large and I, like many others, have a box inside my condo (new construction) that is meant for that purpose inside my closet to keep things neat and tidy. In limited space, it sucks to have to put this giant box elsewhere. The current modem from fizz doesn't fit in this box, it's 1cm too large.
It would be great to offer an option that is flatter and wider, this would also allow users to stick it on their shelf on top of books and boxes layed down, different options.
Or would it be safe to open it up and remove just the shell and keep all the contents inside (I imagine they're all on some chip board of some sort? or is the box acting as some sort of electronic wireless protector dampening the negatives affects of the wifi or something?
Any help appreciated!

Answers

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,726 ✭✭
    Options
    We are users and you need to contact the support to have an answer to your question

CHAT
    Go to this page  https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, if you are not connect login
    The business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    Wait 5 seconds for the bubble icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon to chat with support. Try a different browser if you have issues getting the bubble to appear.
    If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

FACEBOOK
    Your can also send a message via facebook messanger https://facebook.com/fizzca and click send a message (this is a bit slower)
     P
    CONTACT FORM
    You can also fill a contact form from your account Once logged in, from the account panel go to My Profile → Contact Form (the subject are limited) and fill out the form and someone will email you back.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Options
    If you really want to add the Fizz modem in there, see if you can move the existing devices closer together so you will have sufficient room to add the Fizz modem.
    Also if you are switching to Fizz internet, will you still need to use the Bell modem? Perhaps it can be removed all together.
  • Hugo_R
    Hugo_R Posts: 438 ✭✭
    Options
    There's a lot a stuff there. You need all of that?
  • Jessica M. #15756
    Jessica M. #15756 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options
    So the 2 items on the top would be removed, those are my current Bell modems and router. It's more the depth that the Fizz modem/router won't fit. The depth of the white container box is 110mm and the depth of the Fizz box is 120cm.
    I managed to get the Fizz modem to fit in there, it bumps out the white box a little but not in a significant way, it puts a little stress on the hinges and the clips of the white cover but not all that much. I also took duct tape, folded it in half to glue on itself in order to create a "belt" to screw into the white box, and have the modem resting on an old Bell box I had in there but you could easily make a little shelf if not, some wood and L brackets to hold.
    I'm very happy with the result so if anyone is looking to do the same, this is a simple way to do this yourself.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Options
    You may want to consider other options and storing it in another location.
    If you really want to store the modem in there, you'll have to make an adjustment to the storage area, either by leaving the door ajar, or by removing part of the storage backing (so that the modem will fit inside).
This discussion has been closed.