Demarcation point - can any wall socket be used?

Options
I have booked an appointment to have Internet installed this week. I have two existing coaxial wall sockets. One wall socket on the second floor is easily accessible and I'd like the modem to be hooked up here. The other wall socket is on the first floor and I've got some heavy furniture blocking the access.
Question: Can I use any wall socket or does the technician have to access both during the installation?
(I know from experience that when the Bell technician installs Internet, he usually needs access to both outlets.)

Answers

• sman
    sman Posts: 4,305 ✭✭
    Options
    The technicien will try to accommodate you, therefore, if you need the cable on the second floor, it will put it there
  • Marisol G.
    Marisol G. Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Options
    Sometime they use splitter but not for the internet : it's more for televison and internet, they need a splitter for that
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    Options
    Your choice! You are the customer.
  • Chris P. #9697
    Chris P. #9697 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Melissa,

As others have stated, this is not an ideal setup, but it is 100% doable. Ideally you'd want a direct connection going from the outside to your modem, but it should still work fine.

Have a good day.

• redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options
    Mike has the best answer; please select his reply as "Best Answer" to close the discussion.
This discussion has been closed.