Answered question

Fizz raising prices according to mobilesyrup.com

Apparently prices will increase by 1 dollar for unlimited talk and 1 dollar on 1g and 2g plans but decrease 1dollar for higher gig plans. Has anyone heard anything about this, I know they're supposed to notify us 30 days on advance just curious if anyone knows anything?

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

that post is:
Here are the changes to Canadian carrier rate plans this week [February 24 – March 1]

But should be confirmed by Fizz to be sure it’s true !

Sigalit
Sigalit

Sigalit

User level
Level
102 / 750
Prices should be going down we are paying the most expensive in canada look at other countries they get plans for pennies compared to canada

There was already an increase very similar to what you wrote in your question just a few weeks ago on feb 07 I think...

Some plans went up and some went down.

There was notification before they did it.

Wonder where they obtained their information. Quite possible, but will wait for Fizz to make an announcement. Not exactly earth-shattering increases.

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Are you sure that this is not the increase done at the beginning of February?
They increase only the new plan and they did not touch it the actual plan

Okay I went to the fizz web page where you create a plan and created a plan similar to mine to see what the price would be and it is 2 dollars more so yes price has gone up but it seems for new customers not existing customers. So unless fizz notifies us of an increase I guess we keep our existing price. Maybe i should check if they've sent an email! Anyways like someone said not a big deal 2 dollars more and some plans will actually go down from 1 to 3 dollars.

Benoit
Benoit

Benoit

User level
Level
1214 / 2000
great thing

Nick,

As I said earlier, the prices went up around feb 7.

If, you had not do that test in the "create a plan" after that date then, that's probably those price changes that you see now.

If you don't change your plan, you will keep your price. But if you change your plan, even if you were an existing custumer before the increase, then your will pay the new prices.

sman
sman

sman

User level
Level
3547 / 5000
These are the change that we had at the beginning of the month

Fizzy
Fizzy

Fizzy

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Fizz did mention back in 2019 that the cell plan prices will be increasing in early 2020.

If you have not received a 30 day notice regarding any price change, then it is likely the new pricing applies only to new customers or customers who want to change their plan. If you keep the plan you have, your pricing remains unchanged.

Whizz
Whizz

Whizz

User level
Level
5000 / 5000

@Nick ++

I must admit that the post from Mobile syrup has and might cause some confusion. But, as others have mentioned it's always best to check the prices on our site than a third party.

@isabelle in her reply's are spot on :) @Nick you did your homework as well I see by reading your reply

"Okay I went to the fizz web page where you create a plan and created a plan similar to mine to see what the price would be and it is 2 dollars more so yes price has gone up but it seems for new customers not existing customers. So unless fizz notifies us of an increase I guess we keep our existing price."

You Got it!

Jay