Yeah, is the mobile service down?

Options
Cordell
Cordell Posts: 3 ✭✭
Seems as though I haven't had any service since about 12:00 pm on 02/11/2020.
I've reset my phone already, and I have checked https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services, but this seems like misinformation as clearly everything is not okay. I've been in the Montreal area and the West Island today, so it most likely isn't a cell tower problem.
Please tell me that someone else is having this problem.
Thanks

Answers

• André L. #16536
    André L. #16536 Posts: 647 ✭✭
    Options

I agree with Chris, check your account and balance.  The fact that it dropped on the first second of Feb 11 is probably linked to that date and likely change in account/paiement.

• Cordell
    Options
    payment is fine. haven't changed cards. also, as stated, I reset my phone already
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    Options
    I strongly suggest that you get in touch with the support.
  • Jacky L. #58
    Jacky L. #58 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Options
    Wow no kidding, I have the same exact problem. It was around 12h pm that my phone started not working. I messaged fizz and they said server were ok wtf. It doesn't work with my mom either. I reset, factory reset, cache cleaned and even tried many things. All I can do now. Is force my phone on GSM so I can at least get Fizz Ext except I have no LTE and no 4g
  • Jacky L. #58
    Options
    Voice and text are ok, no data and no LTE. Cannot find any network except if I force into gsm mode to find FIZZ EXT
  • Cordell
    Options
    i seem to be echoing to myself at the moment. phone is reset, payment has been made and is not due until a few weeks from now.
    i think i will contact support. thanks
  • Jacky L. #58
    Options
    I am getting unable to Register to network. It happened to me during lunch. This is not normal!! I am located in Brossard
  • André L. #16536
    André L. #16536 Posts: 647 ✭✭
    Options

I guess the problem is on Fizz's side.  You should contact them tomorrow morning when they start their support hours

• Alfio
    Alfio Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like you have exhausted your self-help possibilities. Contact Fizz and tell them what you have done already.
  • SW_Sk8
    SW_Sk8 Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options
    Sound like problem on fizz’s end, best to contact them.
  • Benoit D. #9220
    Benoit D. #9220 Posts: 284 ✭✭
    Options
    Mine works
  • Jacky L. #58
    Options
    I am now getting Fizz EXT , so voice / text / 4G works. No LTE of course because its a EXT network.
  • Jacky L. #58
    Options
    So i contacted customer support. They will have to escalate this to their technical support team. It seems theres a bug with the APN that is unable to accept our network registration. Funny thing is, my mom has the same problem. She uses a iphone 7 plus , i use a samsung note 10. So this isnt android/ios related.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,159 admin
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    This is to inform you that no general outage has been declared. Any sort of unavailability of the service will be visible on our FAQ : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services. That being said, if you experience any outages, please contact us through live chat or through our social media so we can take a look. Here is how : https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Have a good day.
    Ionut
This discussion has been closed.