Can I switch to fizz if I have DSL internet right now

Options
Oleg S. #15841
Oleg S. #15841 Posts: 2 ✭✭
It says the technician will have to check cable connection, not sure what does this means?
Should I have a cable Internet connection? Since right now I have a regular dsl Modem/Internet

Answers

• sman
    sman Posts: 4,304 ✭✭
    Options
    If you need a referral code this is mine NPONZ (all letters).
  • Smilemars
    Smilemars Posts: 156 ✭✭
    Options
    I do not think it will be a problem! To be certain suggest double checking with Fizz.
  • Julien N. #3633
    Julien N. #3633 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options
    It means that the technician will check if you already have a cable connection wired to your home (Videotron in the case of fizz). If your home is already wired, the you install the modem, if not, he will have to wire your house for an extra charge.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, that is exactly what I did. I kept both my DSL and new Fizz internet active for a few days since I needed to be able to work from home and couldn't afford any days without internet.
    The Videotron technician will arrive with the cable modem and ask you if you already subscribe to cable TV. If yes, he/she runs a line test. If not a Videotron TV customer but already have the coaxial cable, he/she also proceeds to line test. If no coax cable coming into your home, they will run a new one for you. All that is included in the free installation.
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Oleg,

Yes of course you can switch to Fizz. Most (if not all) properties will have the copper wiring (used by telephone companies) which you are currently using for DSL, and coaxial wiring (used by cable companies) which Fizz uses.

If your address is found when trying to sign up, then you are elligble for the service. The technician will make sure you are connected when they pass by on your installation date.

If you decide to sign up, use a referral code for a $35 signup bonus, mine is E6V3F.

• Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    Options
    If cable goes through your house yes.
    Try making a plab and you will be able to put the address and the website will tell you right away if you're eligible.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    Olga,
    Do you have Videotron câble in your building?
    If Yes, you'll be able to subscribe to Fizz internet.
    After your subscription to this service you have to plan a date of an installation with the technician who will bring you the modem and check your signal.
    Connecting the modem is very easy. Just follow the instructions from Fizz.
    Enjoy Fizz internet!
This discussion has been closed.