Remote Desktop Protocol not working through Fizz Router?

Options
I have been using Fizz for a couple of months without out issues, but since the 2020 New Year have not been able to remote desktop to my work computer and another computer I support from a cabled computer. I was able to get in before, I do not use the standard port (3389) and remote firewalls forward the chosen port to proper computer. Both remote computers are fine. I also tested with a laptop and RDP did not connect with a cable or WiFi, but when I use my cellphone as a hotspot my laptop will connect just fine to the remote computers. It is just through the Fizz Router Hitron CODA-4680 that connection fails. (The remote computer can not be found, maybe it is turned off or not setup for Remote Desktop connects message).
All other websites and activity works as I expect, Speedtest shows 30 down and 10 up, router has minimal changes from the default settings and Firewall is set at Typical for IPv4 and 6

Answers

• Aliaksei
    Aliaksei Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    Works for me no prob, I use RDP on a standard port - zero issues.
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    Options
    Works for me using my own router. If you have one at home you can give that a try.
  • Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    Options
    Have you been able to solve this ?
  • Maurice V. #15791
    Options
    I solved the issue by resetting the factory defaults, and reprogramming the settings to reflect my Internal network needs. This time I made a backup of the settings from the admin page in case I have to do this again. Fingers crossed it is a single event. All working as expected now. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.