Trying to gift data to a friend failed with no clear message?

Options
I have no data plan. But I have data from one of my rewards. Since I dont need it i would love to give some to my friend but I cant. and the error have some kind of bugs. any idea why?

Answers

• Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    You cannot gift data to a fizz member without a data plan. He need to take a least 1 GB per month prior of accepting data gift.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,924 ✭✭
    Options

The message you saw is a programming error. The program expected to find something, but it did not find it.

It is true that you can gift only your original plan data. You can also gift perks you have received.

More importantly, the recipient must have a data plan to receive your gift.

Except in the case of perks: If you receive mobile data as a perk, you can enjoy that perk even if your plan does not include data.

• Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options
    you can still data perks to friend who do not have a data plan but not data from your main data plan
  • Smilemars
    Smilemars Posts: 156 ✭✭
    Options
    I think you can gift a perk, but if you already opened it, it's not possible.
  • Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    Options
    Theu have been having problems for a while with the coding and stuff.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,751 ✭✭
    Options

here the guide, you can only gift perks since you do not have a data plan

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work

You cannot gift:
    • An unlimited feature, such as text, minutes or minutes for international calls
    • Add-Ons
    • Gifted data (no re-gifting allowed!)
    • Data that has already been rolled over
  • Leon B. #390
    Leon B. #390 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options
    Probably because you cannot re-gift a gift. Btw, I can happily gift data to your friend instead, message me their number or email.
This discussion has been closed.