Caller ID spoofing. What to do ?

sickle
sickle Posts: 4 ✭✭
Since 6 months I get Chinese phone calls to my home phone. That's recorded messages and the caller IDs are spoofed and change everytime. Since some months, the attacks now reach my mobile phone with Fizz. My home phone company refuses to give me the original caller ID, and Fizz's support is limited to forums. What can I do to trace back the calls and sue the offending company / person ?

Answers

• Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    Block them one by one and you will eventually have a lot less.
  • AYTB
    AYTB Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Try to contact fize by messenger, but let us know I actually have the same issud and it us quite annoying.
  • GooGoo
    GooGoo Posts: 9 ✭✭
    There's nothing you can do really.They will keep changing their numbers and writing to the CRTC won't do anything either. You just have to ignore those calls hang up and move on.
  • sickle
    sickle Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I can't block because the caller ID is completely rewritten by the caller. Each time is a new number. And that could block existing and important numbers like government services.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

If you have been getting unknown calls to your home number for 6 months and now they are calling your mobile number? You should really look into who has your numbers. It looks like you are being targeted.

You have some options:

- change your phone number

- block calls from anyone not already on your contact list.

• Sean C. #14857
    Sean C. #14857 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    If you have an iPhone with iOS 13 go into Settings, Phone and enable Silence Unknown Callers. This doesn't block the calls, just silences them, sends them to VM and displays the number in the Recents list. That way if it IS something important they will leave a VM and you can see that they called and call them back if YOU choose to.
    It works extremely well for a number of good reasons. Everyone should have this turned on IMO. If you don't have an iPhone... my condolences. I don't know if Android has similar functionality.
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    maybe check with the support
This discussion has been closed.