Google log in for profile and community hub log in need to be different?

I created my profile and account using the quick "google log in". This was back in September. From the beginning, I have never been able to log into community hub, it constantly logs me out. Google log in will NOT work with community hub.
Fizz support told me to create a new account. Even if I used my gmail email, the 2 accounts are not linked. The points I received from community hub do not affect my profile. And after logging in with my new account on community hub, I will click on profile, and it shows me at level 1 with no plans.
I don't see the point of having a quick log in for the account if it doesn't work seamlessly across the entire Fizz platform. The fizz support has not been very helpful when it comes to this. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I don't even know what the issue is at this point.

Answers

• Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    I login using Facebook and I have no problem.
  • Berts
    Berts Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Samething for me.I loging with facebook.
  • Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    Normally you should be able to log in using the same ID, whether it is Google, FB, or independant account.
  • After 20 email exchanges with the Fizz team with email (since it was escalated from Facebook Messenger chat) I have gotten NOWHERE. Different representatives answer 1 sentences, tell me the same things over and over. Then 1 person told me to open a new account. Then another told me they are separate so obviously I can't tie them together.. even though another rep told me to start a new account. None of them seem to be actually reading what I'm writing and just answering their 1 email to get their job done and get "paid" it's very frustrating. I've gotten nowhere.
    I gave them another resume of everything that I did and this last rep thanked me for providing the new information, when it's not new. I must have written it 3 other times so far. I even sent a video to the Facebook Messenger which started the ticket. And it seems that rep didn't attach the video to my issue because none of them are clear on what's going on and sending me generic answers which do not solve the issue.
  • I've gone in circles with customer service and have gotten nowhere. I sent them a video, I followed all the things they told me which was to create a new account but then the accounts on community hub and my profile (google log in) are not tied together.
    I re-sent the same information over and over and as it's always a new rep replying, they don't seem to understand the situation/care. I'm not getting helped at all and it's frustrating. I've had over 10 email exchanges and have to repeat myself over and over and am given unhelpful help.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    I am logging with Facebook and I dont have problem too.
  • Jessica M. #15756
    Jessica M. #15756 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    their entire system is massively flawed. Their customer service when it comes to technical issues is absolutely useless.
    The google log in (and facebook log in, according to @berts) does not work properly. It seems to work for some users, and not for others. They didn't offer any solution other than resetting my password with an email associated with my account (that was not gmail) and using that to manually log in to profile & community hub.
    Which is 1) bad programming 2) why offer google/facebook log in and sign up if it doesn't work seamlessly everywhere? This is just added frustration and 15-20 email exchanges later with tech support, I've gotten.. nowhere.
  • Vincent D. 39366
    Vincent D. 39366 Posts: 214 ✭✭
    That's what I do (one login) and am not experiencing issues.
  • Alexandre B. 39855
    Alexandre B. 39855 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Hi,
    I had a similar problem. To be sure, what do you mean when you say it logs you out? Are you not able to log in with your google account or you get logged in and then get logged out after browsing? I wasn't able to log in and the solution for me was to :
    1. Clear browsing cache (accessible in your history, CRTL + H on google chrome)
    2. Log in in the community page
    3. Retry log in until it works (took 3 times)
    Hope it helps!
  • André L. #16536
    André L. #16536 Posts: 647 ✭✭

I personnally never use cross-account authentication (use Facebook, or Google accounts to login to other service).  This involved authorizing the site/app to connect to your FB or Google account, get the authorization key and then maintain the sesssion.

You need to explicitly authorize in FB or Google to connect to the third party site/service/app.  So any disruption in the authentication process and we get this situation (constant re-authorize errors)

I suggest you configure Fizz account with your personnal email and have a password for this accountID.  You can actually login with a Gmail email without it being the Google authentication.

• Jessica M. #15756
    I've done the clearing cache, retry logging in several times. Didn't work.
    "I suggest you configure Fizz account with your personnal email and have a password for this accountID. You can actually login with a Gmail email without it being the Google authentication."
    I didn't know that, but then the email you sign up with must be a gmail account for that to work I assume.
  • Gualberto
    Gualberto Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Founs your solution ?
  • Jessica M. #15756
    nope, nothing worked. I had to create a new log in with the email associated with my account, which works with the profile account log in.
    I can use email log in for both here and for the account profile but I can't use the 1 click log in for the forum. So the convenience factor is removed, and the annoyance factor is high.
  • Fabio M.
    Fabio M. Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Do you use Ad Blockers? Sometimes they block this king of login using Google/Facebook.
    Try do disable them, or try to use a different browser, like Firefox instead of Chrome...
This discussion has been closed.