nip/puk ? not able

not able ro activate pin or puk, sim card locked, need to know what to do BSB8ZP

Answers

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Daniel,
    Your telephone is locked.
    Ask to unlock it to Samsung or your previous provider.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Hello Daniel,
    I see on your account that you've just activated your mobile plan. I will try to help you further, as I would like very much to resolve this issue in order for you to be able to use our Fizz service.
    First, I can assure you that our SIM Card won't require an unlock code or a PIN code the very first time you insert it in your phone. The PUK code is necessary only if you had previously entered an incorrect PIN code for 3 times, which I don't think that it applies to your case. When you get a message on your phone screen asking you for a SIM unlock code, it means that your phone is locked with another provider or seller. Therefore, in this case, you should contact the provider or the seller and ask them for an unlock code. Also, in order to be unlocked successfully, your phone must not be declared lost or stolen. If you buy a phone from a private source, verify that it’s not on the National Stolen Device Blacklist by entering the phone’s IMEI on the Device Check Canada website: > https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/. You have all this information provided on the following faq link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-phone.
    I would advise you to insert a SIM card from a different provider in your phone and see if you'll encounter the same message. By doing that, you'll be able to figure out if it's a phone or a SIM issue.
    Have a great day!
    Radu
  • Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    You will need to call your previous provider and they will help you unlock it. It wasn't too difficult for me. It's free.
  • Berts
    Berts Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Your phone is loked.Call provider for unloked.
  • Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    Have you solved the issue ?
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    I really like that Whizz has answered your question!!!
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Hello Mike,
    Thank you very much for your understanding, we really appreciate it!
    Enjoy your day!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.