I have 2 accounts by mistake, how can I get rid of one of them?

My phone was stolen, I ordered a new SIM card and when it came I activated it. I could not use my old number, so I picked a new one. Now I have 2 numbers and got charged for both. How can I get rid of my old number while keeping the new one (when I unsubscribe from the old one it automatically unsubscribe from the new one as well)?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,639 ✭✭

You can unsubscribe

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe

You will chose which one to unsubscribe

• Cancelling before the end of your payment cycle

If you choose to cancel your Fizz mobile service before the end of your payment cycle, know that you will not receive any prorated refund. Fizz is a prepaid mobile service, and the choice to cancel before the end of your cycle is yours.

I know that now is too late

this was the procedure to follow

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/lost-stolen-mobile

Replace your phone and reactivate your suspended plan

To reactivate your Fizz plan:

1. Order a new SIM card. Log into your account to order a new SIM card (My plans > Manage > Change SIM card). A new SIM card will be delivered in the following days, depending on the chosen delivery method.
    2. Acquire a new phone.
    3. Unblock your plan by sending us a form Report that you found your phone/sim
    4. Reactivate your Fizz plan on your new SIM card. When you have your new phone and SIM card, it’s time to reactivate your suspended plan on your new SIM card. This process will cancel your old SIM card. Log into your account to change your SIM card (My plans > Manage > Change SIM card).

If you found your Phone/SIM card, you can also reactivate your old SIM card / black list phone.

• Jason B. 35371
    Jason B. 35371 Posts: 118 ✭✭
    As Mike stated, you can simply unsubscribe from the old number and still keep the new number. You will find the option under "My plans"
  • Berts
    Berts Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Follow instructions from Mike...
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Denis,
    Please, follow the instructions given by Mike, to unsubcribe this other account.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

Before unsubscribing, you can contact Fizz support to see if they can fix anything for you.

Since you activated a second account by mistake, they may offer to transfer your rewards or funds to the account you want to keep.

This discussion has been closed.