Does anyone have same problem cant connect Philips Hue bridge to Fizz Modem?

Options
praneeth
praneeth Posts: 9 ✭✭
I have connected my Philips Hue bridge to Modem using ethernet cable but while trying to connect using homekit it says the hue bridge is not found does anyone is facing same issue connectiing Hue to modem Its driving me crazy

Answers

• kk
    kk Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Options
    did you try ethernet cable on your laptop/desktop to see there is actually internet connection.
    did you try to set up ur hue bridge with wifi?
    in default configuration, you just need to connect the ethernet cable.
  • kk
    Options
    otherwise, make sure they both connect to the same network, if you have your band steering activated, it might be connecting to 2.4 et 5ghz which are not the same networks. for set up, it is usually advised to turn off band steering in your fizz internet app or in web config of your router.
  • Jason B. 35371
    Jason B. 35371 Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Options
    Not a problem for me when I set it up. Make sure they are on the same wifi network.
  • praneeth
    Options
    wow what a quick response thak you guys will test today after going home will turn off band steering
    and @kk I have set up hte bridge using ethernet not wifi and I will test my laptop tooo for internet connection
  • praneeth
    Options
    @FizzO1 did you use Apple homekit to conenct to bridge??
  • praneeth
    Options
    Finally Got it to work Steps I have done:
    1) Remove band steering and only put 5 Ghz connect to it after this it doesnt still have to do some steps
    2)do a factory reset of your bridge and remove the power cord and let it be there for 5 seconds and plug everything back and set it up
    Thanks @kk
  • kk
    Options

@praneeth cool it works!

to help others, please choose the corresponding answer as solution.

This discussion has been closed.