Why does call completion fail to certain US numbers from Canada?

Options
Bernie
Bernie Posts: 1 ✭✭
When calling from my Fizz mobile to US area code 607 (up-state NY) land line, a message is played that says something about the number you've called is not accepting calls. Yet calling from a Bell mobile or Canadian landline to that number works just fine. Oddly, if that number calls *me* I can accept the call, no problem.

Answers

• kk
    kk Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Options

there might be call filtering on the other side. if your number is 438, (and not 514, for example), it might explain it.

here is a general explanation from AT&T for this kind of message:

The possible reasons you would get this error when calling someone is that their:

- Account is not in an active status

- Incoming calls are blocked via a service or device feature

- Number is in process of being ported to another carrier

- Phone is off and voicemail is not set up, or they are out of range

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,916 ✭✭
    Options

If you get this message "The number you've called is not accepting calls." every time you try calling, then ask the other party if they have blocked calls from certain numbers. Perhaps they blocked a range of phone numbers without realizing it includes you.

If you're able to call other US numbers, then your Fizz plan is working well.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,145 admin
    Options
    Hello Bernie ,
    For this type of problem, I recommend that you contact us directly by chat to troubleshoot and escalate the situation if necessary. Here's how to do it: https://fizz.ca/fr/nous-contacter
    Have a good day.
    Florin
This discussion has been closed.