Answered question

Fizz modem/router access control list limited to 16 devices ???

Is the Fizz modem/router wireless access control list limited to 16 devices only ?
I have added 23 devices and saved the changes but when I came back there is only 16 in the list...
Have similar problem with Security Device Filter - if there are more than 20 devices the filter is not working at all...
Should I use my NetGear router and use the Fizz device just as a modem ?

gerber
gerber

gerber

User level
Level
36 / 100
Fizzy

Fizzy

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
In bridge mode, the two (2) Wi-Fi radios built into your Fizz Wi-Fi modem will be deactivated, thus disabling its Wi-Fi capabilities.
  • Open an Internet browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
  • Identify yourself using the following login information:
    • Username: cusadmin
    • Password: **enter your Wi-Fi password**
  • Select General
  • Select Gateway
  • Disable the option ''Residential Gateway function''
  • Click Ok

Install your personal Wi-Fi router

Connect your personal router as indicated in its user guide. 

Plug the network cable (RJ45) into one of the four (4) numbered ports of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.

If there's any issue with the connection, restart both devices (the Fizz Wi-Fi modem and your personal router).

If you want to re-enable the Wi-Fi capability of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem, you'll need to reset it to its factory settings by holding down the reset button on the back of the device for ten (10) seconds.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Yes you should use your NetGear as router due to that limitation of Fizz router/modem

Fizz router is probably okay for someone using just a couple of devices, but it is a modem/router combo so don't expect the same functionality as a dedicated router. It looks like you have many devices so I would reccomend using your own since you already have one. Follow the simple instructions here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz