My modem wont connect to the internet

So it’s been hours. My modem cant connect to the internet. I’ve tried everything and even the factory reset couldn’t change it. I tried to contact support and even videotron but no one in this company seems to know how to fix my problem. There’s no outage in the area... just me. How do I contact real support? because your forums didn’t help so far

Answers

• Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    What lights do you have on your modem and the colors
  • Victor C. #1356
    Victor C. #1356 Posts: 219 ✭✭
    It will help, if you tell us what lights do you see, can you login to your modem?
  • mathieu B. 31173
    mathieu B. 31173 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    The power button
    The @ from time to time
    The up arrow and down arrow
    The 2.4g
    And the one over that looks like a little house/window
  • Victor C. #1356
    Can you login to the modem? do you have a cat45 cable to connect to the modem?
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

The blinking @ means the modem is trying to establish a connection to the Fizz network.

Check the coaxial cable connection

The coaxial cable must be properly screwed in on both ends.

If needed, change the coaxial cable for a new one.

• mathieu B. 31173
    The 5g is now on but the house/window disappeared.
    I only have access to one end of the coaxial cable.
    I don’t have any 3g on my phone so i can’t even check the forum for answers while being at my place.
    The wifi is still out
  • mathieu B. 31173
    I tried to log in to my modem as well, i did all you guys told me to. Can i request a technician to check whats wrong?
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    In order to contact Fizz support you need to be connected to Fizz and open any help page.
    You'll see a bubble chat at the bottom right in about 15 seconds.
    Try this link to initiate a chat with Fizz (don't pay attention to the content of the page), look at the bottom right of your screen https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do
  • Victor C. #1356
    this is not normal, you need a technician, and that should be free of charge, contact Fizz to schedule a visit
This discussion has been closed.