At what time of the month should I switch from Videotron's internet plan to Fizz?

Options
Ella J.
Ella J. Posts: 1 ✭✭
I am currently with Videotron where I am charged halfway through the month. It is expensive, so I want to switch to Fizz, but I also don't want to have to pay for both during the switch. Is there a way I can make sure that I have continuous internet but don't have to pay for a month with Videotron that I am not using? Will they refund me if I cancel my plan with them after paying for the month?

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    You can choose the installation date which is the date when Fizz internet is activated at your home.
    You could pick a date that is about a few days before the end of Videotron cycle .
    A week (or 2) a head would be safe in case something goes wrong with the installation
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,723 ✭✭
    Options
    You can also overlap the 2 service for couple of days
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    Options
    I scheduled mine to be installed on the last day of service with my previous ISP. I had two times the internet for 6 hours.
  • Leifuer
    Leifuer Posts: 498 ✭✭
    Options
    You can make the order of Fizz just at the end of your Videotron cycle, of course, several days before the next month (cycle) starts.

Once the Fizz is well installed, you can enjoy it right away, no need to wait to the first day of month.
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Options
    First you have to schedule an appointment with Fizz technician who will bring you the modem and check the signal. It might take a few weeks from now depending on their schedule.
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address
    So you can either cancel your Videotron account a day before Fizz installation or a day later, it's up to you.
  • Fizztastic
    Fizztastic Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Options
    I would keep the first provider until you get the Fizz installation scheduled
  • mtlchoi
    mtlchoi Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options
    You can cancel and switch services at anytime.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,895 ✭✭
    Options

The sooner you have Fizz installed, the more you will save. Fizz prices include unlimited bandwidth usage, modem rental and basic installation.

The technician will test your cable line and hand deliver the modem to you. You just need to plug it in. There's the coaxial cable and the power cord.

Test out your Fizz service just to make sure all is well. If you like it (which I think you will), you can call Videotron to cancel. They will cancel you on the same day and refund/bill you accordingly.

If you're a new Fizz customer and looking for a referral code, you can use mine 66KGA when signing-up. We will both be rewarded with a $25 credit once you have paid your second monthly bill.

• J D. #792
    J D. #792 Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Options
    you can schedule the cancellation of your videotron at the end of your billing cylcle then schedule Fizz activation a few days before your cancellation.
This discussion has been closed.