Answered question

What happens to an upgrade if you remove it?

I only just found out about these upgrades yesterday so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I saw that I had 3 slots and I had an upgrade that gives $1 off per month so I applied it to the first slot. Then today I received a second upgrade that gives me $2 off per month, but I cannot apply it to the 2nd or 3rd slot because I realised that although I can see them, they haven't been unlocked (Bad UX). I also can't seem to apply my new upgrade to the first slot, I guess because my $1 upgrade is still pending.

I'm assuming that next month I'll be able to replace the $1 with $2 upgrade? Also if I do this, what happens to my $1 upgrade? I know they are valid for 2 years, but if I remove it can I still use it again when I unlock another slot or is it only allowed to be applied once? I can't find this information anywhere on the website and in the forums I've seen contradictory information.

Thanks!

Chris
Chris

Chris

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
It's better late than never. The upgrades may sound a bit complicated, but once you know how they work, it will help.

Once you move an upgrade to an open slot, you have to wait until your next renewal for it to activate. Meanwhile you cannot do anything with that upgrade and slot.

After the next renewal, you can remove the upgrade and it will be pending removal until your next renewal. Meanwhile you cannot add or move another upgrade to that slot yet. Once the upgrade is removed, it will return to your list of available upgrades (you can use it again another time if you want).

After the following renewal, you can move an upgrade to the empty slot, but choose wisely becasue these steps need to be repeated every time you want to change an upgrade.

Btw once you reach level 3, your 2nd slot will unlock. Then you will be able to use 2 upgrades.

And at level 5, your 3rd slot will unlock. Good luck!

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
The validity of the upgrade is 24 months starting from the reception of it, if you are using it or not.

You are better off to swap an upgrade and not to remove it since removing it you will lose a month