Started to use my Fizz SIM card on my phone (bought in Russia) and Internet is not working. How to f

Options
Marat
Marat Posts: 2 ✭✭
Started to use my Fizz SIM card on my phone (bought in Russia) and Internet is not working. How to fix?
Already created APN, didn't fix.

Answers

• Marat
    Marat Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Mike advised me to check compatibility. But there is no info for Android in the page
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices
  • Jaquesdoo
    Jaquesdoo Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Options
    You need another phone. This phone is not compatible with fizz frequency.
  • Irene
    Irene Posts: 4,119 ✭✭
    Options

Here what you need to look from the page that mike linked

Which frequencies must my phone support? 

For an LTE-compatible phone configured with LTE network preferences:

• Calls: Your device must support HSPA 850 MHz or 1900 MHz frequencies
    • Mobile data: Your device must have dual-frequency support for 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS or band IV)

Your phone can also support other frequencies that allow it to take advantage of the LTE network.

For a phone that only allows 3G or HSPA preferred:

• Calls and / or mobile data: The phone must support the 1700/2100 MHz frequency (also called AWS)

• __________
    __________ Posts: 2,610 ✭✭
    Options
    Go on a website like FrequencyCheck.com, Kimovil.com or WillMyPhoneWork.net.

Enter your device brand and model (be sure to select the exact model number).

Then verify if the frequencies of your smartphone are compatible with those that are written on Fizz.
  • Nathaniel G.
    Nathaniel G. Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Options
    Change your phone it’s probably not
    Compatible with Canada band
  • Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭
    Options

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,916 ✭✭
    Options

Everyone seems to think your Russian phone won't work with Fizz.

To confirm, go to those sites listed with your phone model to check the specs.

If your phone supports only the 3G frequencies, then you would need to disable LTE on your phone settings.

You can also try your SIM card on another phone to make sure data is working.

When your question has been answered, please close your post by clicking on the button "Make best answer".

• Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Options
    You need to check if this specific model is compatible with Fizz network.
This discussion has been closed.