Loss of data connection?

Kalia
Kalia Posts: 1 ✭✭
I received my SIM card yesterday and configured it as well as the APN network. Yesterday, everything worked (texts, calls and data), but today my LTE comes and goes. Even when it's on, I can't access the Internet. What should I do?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    Sometime a reboot helps or put the phone in airplane mode for 30 seconds
  • Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,645 ✭✭
    At first restart your phone. If the problem not solved by that you can try to get out your Sim card and insert it.
    If you can't access internet something is wrong whit the APN.
    Contact the support for help if thèse thing are not working
    The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.
    You're logged into your Fizz account.
    You're active on a help page such as https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.
    Simply click on the chat bubble that appears at the bottom on the right.
    You're within the business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    You have disabled any ad blockers in your browser.
    If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.
  • TheDean
    TheDean Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Also, make sure that roaming is enabled. In rare cases I've set my preferred network type to 3G and was able to get data working again (but this was when I was travelling outside the Fizz coverage zone, so I have no evidence that this will help when within Quebec / Ottawa).
  • Dustin_27103
    Dustin_27103 Posts: 191 ✭✭
    Hi,
    I used to have problem on the first day me too.
    It seems like I was still with videotron. I did everything on the setup. The problem to me was that I wasn't receiving the two text messages serving for the setup. So I went into my prefetences like they said and click to re send it.
    After receiving it, I was able to text but not go on the internet.
    I wait overnight and then receive a message(email) that my activation was completed and everything works. So my understanding was that even if you complete all the steps for setup, you need to wait until they confirm everything is done.
    Hope you will be Ok.
  • Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button under the answer you deem to be the best.

This discussion has been closed.