How can I get my SIM card activation # unlocked from a incomplete transaction?

Mykaël
Mykaël Posts: 3 ✭✭
I started the process of changing SIM card to replace a lost SIM and accidentally hit the create a plan button and entered the code in the box. Now it's locked at this place and I want to give this card to someone. How do I get the code released to be able to use the card in any way?

Answers

• WattManDoo
    WattManDoo Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I’m pretty sure that once you type in the activation number and click “Select Plan” it activates/links the SIM card to the account connected.
    To confirm, I’d suggest sending Fizz a message on Facebook to see if there’s anything they could do to unlink the SIM from your account, but in general cases once a sim card has been activated, it can’t be changed or activated under another line.
  • WattManDoo
    I’m pretty sure that once you’ve entered the activation code into Fizz and clicked “Create Plan”, you’ve activated/linked the Sim Card to your account. In general cases once a Sim Card has been activated, it can’t be used under a different account you’d have to get another Sim Card.
    To confirm if the Sim Card was actually activated you should message Fizz on Facebook or by Chat so they could check and see if there’s any process to unlink the Sim from your account or anything they could do.
    To contact Fizz through chat:

You're logged into your Fizz account.
    You're active on a help page such as https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Simply click on the chat bubble that appears at the bottom on the right.
    You're within the business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    You have disabled any ad blockers in your browser.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.
  • WattManDoo
    I’m pretty sure that once you’ve entered the activation code into Fizz and clicked “Create Plan”, you’ve activated/linked the Sim Card to your account. In general cases once a Sim Card has been activated, it can’t be used under a different account you’d have to get another Sim Card.
    To confirm if the Sim Card was actually activated you should message Fizz on Facebook or by Chat so they could check and see if there’s any process to unlink the Sim from your account or anything they could do.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

You can try again tomorrow to see if the lock has been released.

If problem persists, you will have to contact Fizz support.

You can send Fizz a message by facebook https://facebook.com/fizzca

Or you can use Fizz chat. Make sure that:

• You're logged into your Fizz account.

• You're active on a help page such as https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    • Simply click on the chat bubble that appears at the bottom on the right.

• You're within the business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    • You have disabled any ad blockers in your browser.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭
    If you finished the activation, you need to unsubscribe.
    If you did not finish it, probably changing the browser can help.
    Otherwise, contact the support.
  • Mykaël
    Mykaël Posts: 3 ✭✭
    It's already been more than a week that the activation code was registered in the system and is being kept hostage for no reason - even if I did not finish the activation process. Clearing all browser cookies or even changing web browser would does not work. It is a system issue. Trying to activate this SIM from a different Fizz account will give the message that the SIM is already attributed.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

Fizz customer support will be able to help. You need to contact them.

• Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button under the answer you deem to be the best.