Does travel data Add-On consume your current data or are you adding the data?

Options
Carll
Carll Posts: 7 ✭✭
Say I currently have 10gb of data with my plan and I travel to Europe. I purchase a 1gb Europe add-on and use it. Does this unlock one of my 10g to use in Europe, or does this add an 11th gig that can only be used in Europe?

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    No it will not affect your current monthly plan data ; It will not unlock your 10G to use in Europe.
    You'll be able to use only 1G in Europe
  • code_WD3TG
    code_WD3TG Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options
    You will have a total of 1GB to use in Europe. Once that's used and assuming you have no money in your wallet, you will no longer have any data access until you purchase another travel add-on for Europe.
  • samisheikh
    samisheikh Posts: 192 ✭✭
    Options
    That 1GB of Europe Data is completely seperate. As L stated, once you use that data up, and there is no money in your wallet, your service will stop working in Europe. On the other hand, if by some miracle you don't end up using that 1GB in Europe, you will not be able to use that 1GB in Canada. If you have an unlocked phone, it might be better to get a sim from there. Plans are usually ridiculously cheap in Europe(depending on where you go).I hope that answers your question.
  • Balaram
    Balaram Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options
    No your just adding data to your current data plan. If you had a plan with 1 GB of data and you ran out before the month ends, you can purchase an add-on to increase your data for that month.
This discussion has been closed.