How is the coverage areas around Montreal?

Options
Michael P. 24820
Michael P. 24820 Posts: 15 ✭✭
Hey everyone!
I just started with Fizz and wanted to make sure I can trust the coverage!
I'm based in Montreal but am doing lots of outdoorsy stuff away from the city. Has anyone encountered bigger issues somewhere around the area?
Thanks for your help

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,751 ✭✭
    Options
    For me it is ok, I do not have any issue
  • Michael P. 24820
    Michael P. 24820 Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Options
    Mike where exactly are you using it?
  • William H. #8553
    William H. #8553 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options
    I haven't had any problems since I first started using Fizz (a month ago)!
  • J D. #792
    J D. #792 Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Options
    I have use in Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. No problem at all when the network is stable. Fizz still has some stability issue once a while. But in general it's working fine.
  • Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options
    In Montreal, Laval region never had any issues
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options

In and around the cities you should have no issues and will mostly be connected to LTE. To answer your outdoorsy stuff away from the city, I have been in the Laurentiens (Mont Saint Sauveur, Tremblant, different cross country areas) and Mont St-Hilaire and generally good coverage, a mix of LTE and 4G.  Compared to my wife's provider, it's about the same but there are areas where she gets LTE and I get 4G and vice versa.

Hope that helps.

• Hao7
    Hao7 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    I am at Montreal area. But it works very well while we were on the road to PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick. The only difference is that on Android phone, it says "Videotron PRT1" instead of "Fizz Ext". But it is okay to use the calls and data. iPhone is fine.
  • Serge O. #3665
    Serge O. #3665 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Options
    Works nice on roads. Every from Montreal to Drummondville, St-Hyacinthe Valleyfield Laval Tremblant St Donat and all around
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options
    I travel between South Shore, Montreal, and North Shore and have never had any problems.
    Fizz uses Videotron antennas so great coverage.
    If no Videotron coverage, I think they fall back on Rogers network (but you will see Fizz EXT on your phone's display).
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options
    You can also check this website for a map of the cell towers:
    http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
  • JOM
    JOM Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm located in Quebec City and never had a problem with the network. I travel a lot near Montreal for work and no problem with coverage so far!
This discussion has been closed.