Answered question

Why does the modem hide system logs from cusadmin?

I've been battling an internet disconnection which seems to be happening every day at exactly 11:40am. For a month now, in fact. Techsupport is utterly useless and the modem itself shows no useful information.

The even more interesting part is that today, during the outage, I logged into the modem, and something in the web UI glitched, because I suddenly saw a new tab, all about DOCSIS, including the logs. Loads of critical errors were shown. A minute later the interface reset itself and I lost access to those logs, but now I know they are there.

So why the hell are they being hidden? What would be the harm in a user seeing logs and being able to submit them to support for faster problem resolution?

Dan
Dan

Dan

User level
Level
39 / 100
You ask a valid question. Here is a copy of the manual for the Hitron coda-4x8x modem.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1395317/Hitron-Coda-4-8-Series-Docsis.html

Since we are using the Fizz version of the Hitron coda-4680, we are given the customized GUI as determined/established by Fizz. Some of the "hidden" information would be helpful.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Btw does your disconnection happen with wired and wifi or wifi only?

What happens if you reset your modem earlier in the day before 11:40am? Does it still disconnect at 11:40am?