Roaming in my coverage zone?

Melyna G.
Melyna G. Posts: 2 ✭✭
I have Canada-wide coverage, but my phone still says I'm roaming while in Quebec. I've rebooted my phone but it still says roaming.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,715 ✭✭
    Where is the problem? You are connected to a partner network.
    Probably there is not signal or there is a problem with the tower
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Just don't put money in the wallet. If the phone is working, you're fine.
  • Rui Y. #3868
    Rui Y. #3868 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Doesn't matter I think... I had to turn on roaming for MMS message even if im in Quebec (Canada Wide Service)
  • David G. 8208
    David G. 8208 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Sometimes I have seen the "R" roaming logo in my coverage area, but only briefly. The only time I have seen "R" stay on was in the USA (I have the Canada+USA plan). In Canada whether on Fizz EXT Rogers or Bell, I never see the "R" roaming logo. Do you folks see "R" more often or consistently even in Canada? I am not sure really what's normal but that's what my results are... and yes if you don't have funds in your wallet, you won't be charged extra.
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    You will be roaming when you are not on the Fizz (Videotron) network.
    When that happens, Fizz EXT will appear.
    You can check the coverage map here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/coverage
  • Stéphane B. 10644
    Stéphane B. 10644 Posts: 786 ✭✭
    Which area are you roaming in ? I'm curious as Videotron covers most region in Quebec.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭

If you are roaming occasionally, it could (as everyone else has said) that you are in an area where there isn't Fizz coverage.  If this is the case, there should be no issue and is normal behaviour.

If you are always roaming in Quebec, it could be that your phone is not compatible with the Fizz network. You can check it here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices.  If this is the case, you should probably get a compatible device.

This discussion has been closed.