Fizz EXT slowly working less every day this week... a downhill slope?

David G. 8208
David G. 8208 Posts: 63 ✭✭
Hi all...
I am in rural Ontario where there are both Rogers and Bell towers but the Rogers signal is very poor and the Bell signal is decent. One week ago when I arrived, the Rogers Fizz EXT connection worked with data/calls/texts. So did the Bell Fizz EXT connection, except LTE was flakey. 4G worked fine. Up until two days ago this was the state. No real problems except Bell LTE didn't work well, if at all. Yesterday, I could no longer get a data connection on the Bell tower but calls and SMS still worked. On the Rogers tower, all worked. That was up until a couple hours ago. Now I cannot get data on either Rogers or Bell Fizz EXT connections, but calls and SMS still work on both. I also can no longer connect to LTE on the Rogers tower. So it seems like it is slowly failing and going downhill each day this week. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
I have contact Fizz support multiple times who do nothing but tell me to reboot my phone, change network settings, etc... none of which helps. My wife's phone and Fizz connection does the same thing exactly. Meanwhile if I put a T-Mobile SIM that I have in the phone, it has no trouble connecting to any of the towers and working perfectly.
Family on Bell and Rogers who are also here also are having no problem. So obviously it is a Fizz issue. But getting support to do anything useful is impossible. Does anyone else have the same experiences this week, and if so, can you please contact support and post here as well? I am at my wits end...

Answers

• Nick L. #7983
    Nick L. #7983 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    I came here to figure out why I wasn’t able to get LTE or any internet on 3G in downtown Toronto. Two weeks ago I was here too, and it worked no problem. I’m at a loss why it’s not working right now. Sounds like the same issue you’re having with Fizz EXT, just in a different location.
  • David G. 8208
    David G. 8208 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Seems that after about 4:30pm data on Bell popped back on without any intervention on my part (was driving in Bell only area and had service, but no data, then it started working after not working for 3 or 4 days). Hooray, I guess!
This discussion has been closed.