Modem admin password configuration?

Options
Ben K. #2747
Ben K. #2747 Posts: 9 ✭✭
Hello. I am trying to change the administration (cusadmin) password of the modem to be distinct from the wifi password. However, when I change the modem password by going to 192.168.0.1, I can no longer log into the admin app (iOS). Changing the cusadmin password back to the wifi password causes the app to work again. However, maintaining the same password between wifi and modem defeats the purpose, in my case, of wanting to use parental controls/timetables. What is the proper method of having distinct modem and wifi passwords?

Answers

• iswaren
    iswaren Posts: 114 ✭✭
    Options
    Oh, that's a nice question. I would like to know the answer too.
    I don't have kids but I just think about if I give the password to a friend or neighbourhood, means that they have admin access and it does sound unsafe.
  • OoumFiss
    OoumFiss Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi benk,
    You can do so by accessing the Administration page onto the Modem/router ( can be accessed through 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 ).
    Then navigate to the Admin tab and under the Management change there the password for the login.
    If you want to only change the Wifi password, you can do so under the Wireless tab for each of the bands and even the Guest.
    Hope this helps! :)
  • Ben K. #2747
    Options
    Thank you for your replies so far. I have tried all the solutions so far and get the same result. When I change the cusadmin password to one distinct from the wifi, the iOS app will not allow me to login.
  • Ben K. #2747
    Options
    Hmmm. It seems to behaving properly now.... mysterious... thank you for your replies...
  • Ben K. #2747
    Options
    Ah problems is back. Sometimes changing the admin password still causes the iOS app to refuse the same password. I think my workaround will be a factory reset, choosing the admin password AND THEN changing the wifi password to ensure they are distinct.
  • OoumFiss
    OoumFiss Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Options
    Have you tired to delete and reinstall the App on IOS ?
    I tried on my Ipad and it worked.
This discussion has been closed.