Unsuspend account?

Dwight J.
Dwight J. Posts: 4 ✭✭
I've been trying to get my account unsuspended for the last couple hours but no one from Fizz has followed up on my ticket or responded to my chat...its unbecoming now.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,715 ✭✭

Why your account was suspended?

If it was for a payment problem

Was your payment rejected?

If your credit card payment is rejected, you will receive a communication to let you know, and you will need to take action before 10 p.m. that same night by either:

• Update your payment method in your Fizz account.
    • OR
    • Make a credit card payment in order to release funds and allow for your Fizz payment to go through.

IMPORTANT: Only one last attempt will be made between 10 p.m. and 11h59 on the day preceding your plan’s anniversary date to collect your monthly payment.  

If your payment is rejected once again, your plan will be suspended and you will have 30 days to pay the amount due via the “Make my monthly payment” button that will be made available in your Fizz account. Once your payment has been received and confirmed by Fizz (please allow a delay of up to two hours), your plan will be reactivated.

If your payment is not received within this 30-day period:

• In the case of a mobile plan, we will deactivate your SIM card and your telephone number (which could be assigned to another Fizz member). Your Fizz subscription will be cancelled, and you will lose all of your rolled over data. Any funds left in your Fizz wallet will be reimbursed via the payment method associated to your Fizz account.  
    • In the case of a Home Internet plan, your subscription will be deactivated and cancelled. The instructions to return your Fizz Wi-Fi modem will be available in the My Account section of the Website.

This process occurs automatically; you will receive automated reminders.

When your mobile plan is cancelled due to a payment failure, the associated phone number is lost and cannot be transferred. It is therefore VERY important, if you want to keep your phone number, to pay your outstanding balance.

Reclaiming your phone number following a failure to pay: Know that the phone number is kept 60 days after deactivation, and so the mobile plan must be reactivated within this delay to have any chance at recovering it.

• Dwight J.
    No, the phone was lost so requested a temporary suspension until I got my new simcard.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,715 ✭✭

Therefore,

Once your plan has been suspended:

You are responsible for all charges associated with using your phone until you report its loss or theft to Fizz.

• Dwight J.
    Already did these steps, Fizz has to unsuspend the account now so that I can use my plan again. The simcard is already activated, just need Fizz to unsuspend the account now. Almost 3 hours has gone.
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Only support can help you when it comes to payment issues. Keep on contacting them by chat or messenger.
  • Danny R. #4085
    Danny R. #4085 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    You will have to contact them , i reckmmand messenger.only fizz can fix this
  • Dwight J.
    Finally got through to someone at Fizz this morning and it was resolved. But Fizz really needs to work on communication especially from those of us who promote the service through word of mouth. I do not wish this experience on anyone. What if there was an emergency?
This discussion has been closed.