Modem not initializing?

Maxime B. 22551
Maxime B. 22551 Posts: 3 ✭✭
My activation date was today and the tech came this afternoon to deliver the modem and make sure that everything was fine. When he left, I plugged in the modem according to the instructions and all the lights came on correctly after about 5 minutes. Even though I could connect to the wifi network with the SSID and password provided, I could not open the setup page of the router and 192.168.0.1 was not available. After about 30 minutes of trying, I unplugged to power cable to restart the router and since then, I only have the green power led and the download/upload arrows in blue. I tried to press the reset button for 10 seconds and it did not do anything. I tried to unplug the power and coaxial cables to do the setup again and nothing seems to work.
Is there any way of knowing if the modem is not working and if it isn't how can I get it changed?

Answers

• Maxime B. 22551
    Maxime B. 22551 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    If that was the case, then pressing the reset button for 10 seconds would have some kind of effect on the modem. My guess is that it would try to reconnect and the lights would be flashing. But, as I mentionned pressing on the reset button does ABSOLUTELY nothing, no lights flashing, nothing. Unplugging and replugging the power cable does not do anything either. Attached is a picture of the leds that are lit up. They are not flashing, they are always on.
This discussion has been closed.