Call Forwarding?

Alexey L.
Alexey L. Posts: 4 ✭✭
Hi, I would like to set up call forwarding from my Montreal number to Skype number (USA number) and physically located in Russia. Will call forward work in this case? How much will it cost or it's already included in plan if I have unlimited minutes?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭
    If with skype you have a phone number in USA you need to include in your plan USA+Canada unlimited and your call should be included
  • Alexey L.
    But what about my location. If I will be using cell phone in Russia, then it will be connected to local provider. Will the call forwarding work?
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    I assume that in your case call forwarding won't work since your phone will be outside of Fizz coverage zone.
  • Mike
    At this moment voice is not offert outside canada and USA
  • Yelena
    @Mike: I think Alexey will use a Russian sim card.
  • Mike

@Yelena: For me is not clear "If I will be using cell phone in Russia, then it will be connected to local provider."

he never said that it is a local SIM, for sure the phone in Russia must be connected to local provider, independently from the SIM

• Yelena
    @Mike: Right, it is not clear.
    @Alexey: can you clarify whether you'll be using a Russian sim or Fizz one? In case it is a Russian sim I guess call forwarding won't work because you will be disconnected from Fizz.
  • Alexey L.
    @All. I will re-phrase my question. I need to receive calls on Montreal number in Russia.I plan to use it for a long time, so the standard roaming is not an option. The only way I see is to setup call forwarding to Skype. Skype sells numbers only for certain countries. The most suitable is USA.
    So, I will use my Fizz SIM in Russia. Then all calls must be forwarded to Skype number. Will it work? And do I really need to change my plan to Canada+US?
  • Yelena
    I would say that you need Canada+USA coverage, but you better confirm with the support.
    On the other hand, as Mike said, voice is not supported outside Canada and USA. I would also confirm with support if Fizz voicemail will function in Russia.
  • Mike
    @Alexey: You are better off using an APP such as fongo, you need to install from Canada and you will receive a free canadian number, you have voicemail, and you can make and receive calls
  • Alexey L.
    I thought that you are guys from Fizz support... Weird.
    I don't need a new number I need to use an existing number, therefor I cannot use fongo.
  • Yelena
    It is users forum here.
    Contact support by chat or Facebook messenger https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
This discussion has been closed.