Answered question

Unstable home internet

Hi,

We just installed Fizz internet at home last Friday, but unfortunately, the internet was not that stable. We could always connect to the WIFI but sometimes we lost the internet connection. We've tried to reboot the modem or factory reset to solve the problem but it didn't work. The wired thing was that the connection came back automatically after a while.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

xiang
xiang

xiang

User level
Level
13 / 100
J

J

User level
Level
3885 / 5000
I think you don't have a stable connection. From your picture of the modem. Normally the 2nd and 3rd light should stay steady blue. Better chat with Fizz support.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

xiang
xiang

xiang

User level
Level
13 / 100
To ALLISON:
It a new condo, so we didn't have home internet via cable before Fizz.

To Julien:
We are in Griffintown, thanks for sharing the information. Hope Fizz can solve the problem.

To Stephane:
Thanks for providing your information.

Francesco
Francesco

Francesco

User level
Level
264 / 750
When you received your modem did the technician (from Videotron or authorized service) test your cable signal. They perform the test to see signal strength and stability. If not, contact Fizz to see if a tech can be sent to your home.

I think I no longer have this issue in Villeray (H2E). Last time it dropped was July 7th at 22h56. I kept in touch with the last technician telling him exactly when it dropped and he did report the issue to higher level techs so I guess that was it!