if i order new sim card, my old number will be attached and old phone service will be stopped till n

lij
lij Posts: 3 ✭✭
so how to implement seamless cutover or shorten the break time? will you give scenario so that i can plan my old phone service before i can activate new card? at least days to down the phone service?

Answers

• TheDean
    TheDean Posts: 45 ✭✭

Wait until you receive and activate the card and then transfer your old number to your Fizz account.  There may be a bit of time when the number won't work on either carrier. In my case it wasn't much time at all.  As I recall, the tool to transfer your number will give an estimate.  2 hours or so, I think.

• Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Take in consideration that I could take up to a day to transfer the line. depends from which company you are transferring from.
    fizz line will work from the first time you activate you will be able to call but no receive calls so keep the old sim till it doesn't work once it doesn't work it mean the transfer was complet
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,645 ✭✭

Yes

After receiving the SIM during the activation process you MUST transfert the number. I was with Fido and it took 10 min, but can takes hours, as talion already said, to receive calls.

But the transfert will automatically close your old service.

If you need a referral code, in order to have 25$ at your 3rd month this is mine K61CD, the code should entered during the activation when the total with the taxes is shown.

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭
    You just have to select "transfer number" when activating your sim. you don't have to personally notify your old phone company. It should take a few hours to transfer and active (±2h in my case). here is my referral code if you need one: ZBDXR
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭

When you activate your Fizz sim, you will have the option to choose a new number or port your number from your other provider. Your number must still be active on your other provider.

The port can take as little as a few minutes to a couple of days.  Once that happens your other provider will cancel your account.  If you are on a post paid account, you will be refunded for the unused portion of the month.  If it is prepaid the month is lost.  

In the case of prepaid I would give it 2-3 days before the end of the cycle to port.  

• Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    The transfer might take a few hours. After inserting Fizz sim just follow the instructions.
    If you are on a prepaid plan now, you should wait until the end of this payment cycle with your current carrier because he won't reimburse you for the days that you haven't used. On the other hand, if you have a regular plan, you can transfer your line any time. The carrier will send you a cheque with the amount of unused portion.
This discussion has been closed.