internet does not work and customer service barely exists?

Options
Aleshia
Aleshia Posts: 4 ✭✭
Got lucky and managed to chat with a CS rep earlier today, went through all the steps you could imagine to determine that everything is right on my end. Was told to simply wait a few hours and it should work. Even after saying that wait and see isnt an acceptable solution for me, that was all I could get. Was told to come back to chat if it didnt work in a few hours. Well, I can't because their chat service is constantly bombarded and can't handle the num er of people with issues. I prepaid for a service I'm not getting.

Answers

• Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Options
  • Aleshia
    Options
    Yes I did, multiple times, with multiple resets. It still isn't working, 12 hours later.
  • Yelena
    Options
    Then support is your only option I guess :-( Contact them by chat or Facebook messenger. Or fill a form on your profile page.
  • Aleshia
    Options
    The worst part is that I've done all of that already. They just keep telling me to wait. It isn't an acceptable answer to receive for over 24 hours now.
  • Yelena
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Can you try to set up an appointment with a technician? Apparently there is something irregular going on.
  • Aleshia
    Options
    Again, I tried. They just ask me to wait. And have been completely unavailable so far this morning. I am beyond upset and disappointed with the non existent customer service this company provides. I'm almost certainly going with someone else outside of the fizz/videotron family because of this.
  • Yelena
    Options
    If the appointment is a service call (for repairs)
    If your Home Internet service was diagnosed by our Customer Service team with a malfunction, a technician will be sent to your service address for a service call.
    You will receive an email confirming the date and time for this appointment. Keep it for future reference because a service call appointment does not appear in your Fizz account.
    A person over 18 years old must be present at the time of this appointment. If that is not the case, the technician cannot complete the service call, and a new appointment will have to be scheduled.
    A service call is free of charge unless one of your personal equipment or a modification of your installation done by you or a third party is the source of the problem. In that case, the technician will inform you of any applicable incremental fees before working on anything, and upon your approval these fees will be automatically added to your next monthly payment.
    Based on the nature of the work required, the technician may have to drill, for example, a hole in an exterior wall. If you are a building tenant, make sure you have the owner’s authorization beforehand for such circumstances. If you have shared ownership of your property, it’d be important for you to be familiar with the rules of your association in regard to such matter.
    If you need to modify the date or time of the service call, you must contact our Customer Service team: simply log into your Fizz account and click on the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of this page during our business hours.
  • Yelena
    Options
    If the appointment is a service call (for repairs)
    If your Home Internet service was diagnosed by our Customer Service team with a malfunction, a technician will be sent to your service address for a service call.
    You will receive an email confirming the date and time for this appointment. Keep it for future reference because a service call appointment does not appear in your Fizz account.
    A person over 18 years old must be present at the time of this appointment. If that is not the case, the technician cannot complete the service call, and a new appointment will have to be scheduled.
    A service call is free of charge unless one of your personal equipment or a modification of your installation done by you or a third party is the source of the problem. In that case, the technician will inform you of any applicable incremental fees before working on anything, and upon your approval these fees will be automatically added to your next monthly payment.
    Based on the nature of the work required, the technician may have to drill, for example, a hole in an exterior wall. If you are a building tenant, make sure you have the owner’s authorization beforehand for such circumstances. If you have shared ownership of your property, it’d be important for you to be familiar with the rules of your association in regard to such matter.
    If you need to modify the date or time of the service call, you must contact our Customer Service team: simply log into your Fizz account and click on the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of this page during our business hours.
  • mike A. #8185
    mike A. #8185 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options
    Look on the bright side, you could have been on hold for 3 hours on phone with a big company to be told the same thing.. networks all have problems one place or another..
This discussion has been closed.