Answered question

What happened to the Home Internet coverage map?

The main Fizz website links to https://fizz.ca/coverage-map for Home Internet, but there is nothing there. Does anybody know why - or what the proper link should be?

Not sure where you got that link, but they updated the front page recently and you might see a broken state of the website because of your browser cache. Try using incognito mode or with another browser.
---
I don't think there ever was a coverage map for the Home Internet like the cellular one. If Videotron's cable network is available, Fizz should also be and you are supposed to confirm using your home address.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

I got the link from the FAQ here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-can-i-do-if-fizz-home-interne...

It's not my browser cache - I'd never heard of Fizz until today, when I signed up for a SIM, and then discovered that Home Internet was also offered as a service.

Yelena
Yelena

Yelena

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Why do you need the map? If your address is not covered, you'll be told while ordering.

To all of you answering "you don't need the map" - I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful, but it's not really answering my query. The first part of the query is pointing out that there is a broken link on the website, which explicitly states that there is a map and tries to link to where the map once was; so it should be fixed. Hopefully somebody that works for Fizz will see this and sort that out.

On to the second part of the issue. Yes, I did try to sign up for Home Internet and after putting in my details I got bounced out, and told that the service was not offered at my address. It's a bit of a slap in the face, but well... it only happened once. Except that I do need the map... because:

1. I would never have applied for Home Internet in the first place if I had been able to view the map.
2. I would like to know where the edges of the coverage of the map are, so I can see if the edge of coverage is close to where I live - this would be useful because if it was close, I could occasionally check back to see if there was progress towards my address being included.
3. Without a Home Internet coverage map, I'll need to apply for Home Internet every week, simply to find out if my address is covered.

TBH - I can see now that the short answer to all this is that "there is no map" - so I've effectively answered my own question.