Smart Watch - Kids watch with GPS, Sms, Chat support

Options
Arkady B.
Arkady B. Posts: 4 ✭✭
Hello everyone.
I am considering to buy a Smart Watch for Kids, that support GPS location service, SMS and chat. According to watch description, it currently supports the following carriers in Canada: Rogers, Fido and Chatr. My question is anybody has an experience with this and Do Fizz support this type of devices.
Link to smart watch —> Smart Watch GPS Tracker for Children Two Way Communication GPS LBS AGPS Location Student/Kids with Pedometer Fitness Q50(Pink) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071RZHRW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sMsaDb4PW6PYT

Answers

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Options
    Although I have no experience with that specific smartwatch, a good rule of thumb is to check if it supports Videotron. If so then I would say it's probably fizz compatible. If not then you need to try it on your own, maybe by swapping an already active fizz sim in it.
    Good luck.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options

If you look at the specs for the watch you can see: Cellular Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz.  This is the 2G network which is only available on Rogers, Fido, and Chatr.  Rogers is going to shutdown the 2G network in December 31, 2020.

It might work on the Fizz network if it suppors roaming and you can connect it to Fizz-EXT.  But there is a clause in the contract that you need to have it on the Fizz network for more than 6months in the year.

This discussion has been closed.