Error when trying to activate US roaming for a travel add-on?

Options
Tristan R. #6250
Tristan R. #6250 Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi,
I bought a $10/500MB data travel add-on before leaving for the US but I can't use mobile data despite turning everything on in my phone's settings.
I read that I need to activate roaming in my Fizz account under "Advanced parameters" but when I try to go to the network settings, the page errors out before sending me the two notifications (see attachment). I've been trying for two days on different devices so I doubt it is a browser error.
Is there a way to get mobile data?
Thanks

Answers

• Serge O. #3665
    Serge O. #3665 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Options
    Be sure that you activate data roaming on your phone in your setting.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    I think what you are looking for is the "No international calls" setting in the Advance Parameters section. Make sure that this is unset and you are roaming on your phone. Try to manually choose a network provider. If all of this fails, contact support.
  • Tristan R. #6250
    Tristan R. #6250 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the help everybody.
    I got it working so I thought I'd explain how here for future reference.
    I did have data working fine back in Canada, but I still had to manually enter the APN settings (Fizz has an official support page for this) and restart my phone for the data roaming to kick in. I had roaming enabled and the add-on confirmed in my account.
    It is still weird that there is the error on the Advanced parameters page but at least this workaround worked for me.
  • GOAT
    GOAT Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options
    Awesome that you got it sorted out. Did Fizz support help you?
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,916 ✭✭
    Options

It has happened to others where they had to reenter the APN settings.

Glad that Data is working for you now.

This discussion has been closed.