Travelling outside of Quebec for a few months?

cjamesfox
cjamesfox Posts: 1 ✭✭
I am located in Ottawa, but will be travelling to Saskatoon for a summer job. Can I sign up for Fizz now and keep my number for when I am in Saskatoon? This will only be until August. (~3 months)

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    Till 3 months you are ok, since there is a clause that you cannot use the forfait for more than 3 consecutive months outside the fizz coverage.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

According to Fizz FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

your service may be suspended.

The majority of your usage (calls, texts and data) must be done on the Fizz network (Subscription area).

We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles.

You may want to consider a carrier with Canada-wide subscription area.

As with any Canadian carrier, you can keep your number while in Saskatoon. And you are free to transfer (port) your number to another provider, like Fizz, when you are back in Ottawa.

• Changchun
    Changchun Posts: 9 ✭✭
    I think you are fine with a modification.
    Change your plan to the whole Canada
    My Plans-Manage-Adjust Plan-Change your plan
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    @Changchun you should have the Canada-wide in order touse it without paying, but you still have the 3 months limit
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

Also keep in mind that it is Fizz stabilization period

https://fizz.ca/en/faq-stabilization-period

There is a slight price discount during this period. However if you need your phone to be working at all times, then this service may not be for you.

What plan are you looking at?

I must admit if you are mostly looking at the large data plans, then Fizz is an excellent choice.

If you need just text and calling, then another carrier might be better.

This discussion has been closed.